„A last dance“

Eine Installation & Performance 

„A last dance“ ist eine ortsspezifische Installation mit Performance. Sie besteht aus einem Objekt aus Kupfer, das als Sarg/Sockel fungiert, mehreren Glasobjekten und einer Live-Aktion, die während der Dauer der Ausstellung täglich aufgeführt wird.

Der Ausdruck „A last dance“ wird heute im Sport verwendet und beschreibt die Auseinandersetzung von zwei Mannschaften im Endspiel. Sieg und Niederlage verändern ihre Bedeutung im Laufe der Zeit. Das Werk reflektiert genau diesen Spielraum der sich verändernden Bedeutungen von Konzepten wie „Ende“, „Niederlage“ oder „Sieg“.

Freistehende Glasobjekte, in ihrer Form der Architektur der Fenster des Gebäudes nachgebildet, sind an unterschiedlichen Positionen im Verhältnis zur Fassade des Gebäudes installiert. Sie zeigen eine mikroskopische Struktur von Kupfer (eine metallografische Ansicht), bemalt mit „Jaune d’Argent“* und „Rouge de Cuivre“*. Die Glasmalereien umgeben das Objekt aus Kupfer, das als Sarg/Sockel fungiert und nach meinen Körpermaßen gefertigt ist. Die Installation als Ganzes zielt darauf ab, einen visuellen Tanz zwischen dem Heiligen und dem Weltlichen zu schaffen.

Während der Performance ruhe ich oder bewege ich mich auf dem Sarg/Sockel. Dabei nehme ich wechselnd Positionen der Macht sowie Positionen der Hilflosigkeit ein und integriere ebenso Momente, in denen ich abwesend bin, um die Erinnerung an einen Körper aufkommen zu lassen. 

Die Besucher:innen dürfen den Sarg/Sockel berühren.

*Eine frühe Technik in der Geschichte der Glasmalerei, bei der durch Verwendung von Nanopartikeln aus Silber (Argent) & aus Kupfer (Cuivre) eine gelbe bzw. rote Farbe entsteht. Beim Brennen interagieren die Partikel mit der Glasmatrix.

“A last dance”

An installation & performance 

“ A last dance” is a site specific installation and performance consisting of a copper tomb/pedestal, several glass objects and a live action performed every day for the duration of the exhibition.

"A last dance", as an expression, is used in sports todayto describe the crucial moment when teams play a final game. As definitions of victory and defeat oscillate between the past and the present and might change with the passing of time, the work reflects on the shifting meaning of concepts such as “end”, “defeat” or “victory”. 

I installed seven free standing arched glass objects in different positions in relation to the already existing facade, replicating the building’s windows. They depict a microscopic structure of copper (a metallographic view) painted with “Jaune d’argent”* & “Rouge de Cuivre”*. The stained glass installation is surrounding a copper pedestal/tomb I made to fit my body measures, and together they aim to create a visual dance between the sacred and the secular.

During the performance, I am resting or moving on the pedestal / the tomb, alternating positions of power with positions of helplessness, and with being at times absent, triggering only a memory of a body.

The visitors may touch the copper tomb/pedestal.

“ A last dance” is a site specific installation and performance consisting of a copper tomb/pedestal, several glass objects and a live action performed every day for the duration of the exhibition.

"A last dance", as an expression, is used in sports todayto describe the crucial moment when teams play a final game. As definitions of victory and defeat oscillate between the past and the present and might change with the passing of time, the work reflects on the shifting meaning of concepts such as “end”, “defeat” or “victory”. 

I installed seven free standing arched glass objects in different positions in relation to the already existing facade, replicating the building’s windows. They depict a microscopic structure of copper (a metallographic view) painted with “Jaune d’argent” & “Rouge de Cuivre”. The stained glass installation is surrounding a copper pedestal/tomb I made to fit my body measures, and together they aim to create a visual dance between the sacred and the secular.

During the performance, I am resting or moving on the pedestal / the tomb, alternating positions of power with positions of helplessness, and with being at times absent, triggering only a memory of a body.

The visitors may touch the copper tomb/pedestal.

*An ancient technique that has been used in stained glass history, giving a yellow color due to silver (argent) nanoparticles or red color due to copper (cuivre) nanoparticles trapped in the glass matrix after being exposed to high temperature.